Several Mac users have reported iPhoto problems in OS X Snow Leopard, where the app refuses to open or crashes. Here is what to do.
- Put the iPhoto.app in the trash (Drag it from your Applications Folder to the trash)
- Go to HD/Library/Receipts and remove any pkg file there with iPhoto in the name
- If you purchased an iLife Disk, then iPhoto is on it.
- It will also be on the System Restore disks that came with your Mac. Insert the first disk and opt to ‘Install Bundled Applications Only…’
If that fails, then try:
- Trash the com.apple.iPhoto.plist file from the HD/Users/ Your Name / library / preferences folder.
- You’ll need to reset your User options afterwards. (These include minor settings like the window colour and so on.)
- If you’ve moved your library you’ll need to tell iPhoto where this is.
If that also fails:
Post the Crash Log in Apple Support.
- Get the crash log from Home / Library / Logs / Crash-Reporter / iphoto.crash.log
- Double click on the file and it will open in the Console.
- Copy and Paste the contents here, at bottom of this discussion.